CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Honey? Is All We Have On the To-Do List: "Stay Alive" ?

So, this may be a heavy topic for a first post, but I think I like the idea of jumping right into it and skipping the formalities.

I know when you start reading (though technically you already have) you are gonna think this is a bunch of existential bullshit, but I am just trying to pose a question, whether it be answered or not.

So, today I was thinking what are we supposed to do? Like, humans. Naturally our first instinct is to survive and procreate. Food, Shelter, Sex. Now those are three things that I can get with. But then we got past that, a little thing some may call evolution. I know that is a scary word for some people (Creationists) but i think if you take a deep breath it will go down just fine. Anyhoo, so at some point we got past those things, getting food and making shelter and impressing the ladies took up less and less time until we needed other things to do to fill the time. Pastimes. And then we got a bit more complex and made jobs blah blah blah.

OK, so here we are, now what are we supposed to do? Go to school? Well yes, of course. Although most parents send their kids to school to get them out of their hair and to make sure they can get a job at some point in their life. But the most important thing is to open the mind and expose it to the idea that there is information available to be exposed to that even if the mind doesn't absorb, it starts the process of thinking intellectually and analytically. Then what? Work? well, that just seems like the logical option. It is the leading way to make money which we then use to buy food and shelter....and sometimes sex...hehe. Then what? Whatever the hell else you want. Guns and SUVs for the Conservatives, Trees and hybrids for the Liberals.

But after all of these things, is that what we are supposed to do under it all? Once we secure food, housing and sex we just do whatever? Watch tv for the rest of your time? Write blogs? Ask silly questions that have no answer? Hey wait a minute...

Today I was watching tv and thought to myself, 'What am I supposed to do?' Like, what is our purpose? To make ourselves happy until we die? The idea of it just bores me.

Well, my train of thought has run out

Peace

0 comments: